Enkamat R is a unitized high-performance geosynthetic that incorporates a high tenacity polyester geogrid within the entangled filaments of the three-dimensional polyamide erosion control mat.
Enkamat R can be custom made to provide various levels of reinforcement to meet any design requirements but as standard is manufactured as R45 utilizing a 45 kN/m high tenacity polyester geogrid. Enkamat R is appropriate in many areas that are subject to erosion, such as stormwater channels, watercourses, embankments, steep slopes and spillways.
- Erosion control
- Grip layer
- Superior and extreme turf reinforcement
- Canal and shoreline protection
- Repair of slope failures
- Levee armoring
- Steep slope and channel stabilisation
Features and benefits
- A permanent and green solution
- Remains anchored by reinforced root system
- Provides maximum reinforcement at low elongations
- Withstands wheel loading and resists burrowing animals
- Unparalleled resistance to hydraulic shear stresses
- Withstands high flow velocities
- Ideal for designs using percussive driven earth anchors
- Over 90% open volume
- Robust reinforcement of vegetative root system
- Open structure enhances vegetation emergence
- Blends discretely into the local environment
- Flexible to adapt to any soil profile
- Remains locked to the ground by root systems
- Specific gravity >1 means it will not float
- High UV resistance
- Maintenance free
Enkamat is a strong, three dimensional mat with an open structure, made from high quality polyamide (PA) monofilaments which are thermally fused where they cross. Our breakthrough manufacturing process integrates the high-tenacity polyester geogrid within the thermally fused and entangled filaments to create a homogeneous three-dimensional structure - no loose fibers, threads or netting. Enkamat R creates an artificial root structure by its high filament density, up to 2,980 m filaments per m². When fully vegetated Enkamat R has been tested to the extreme resulting in proven performance, resisting shear stresses of 0.96 kN/m² and flow velocities exceeding 6.1 m/s.
Our Quality Management System has been approved to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standard. Certificates are available on request.