Construction fibres are specialized polymer fibres which are added to concrete.
Durus Macro fibres replace steel mesh and reinforce the concrete, Adfil Micro fibres enhance the durability of concrete.
What our Durus Macro and Adfil Micro fibres do in Concrete:
- Reduce early age cracking
- Provide long term crack control
- Improve impact, abrasion & shatter resistance
- Improve resistance to cycles of freeze & thaw
- Reduce explosive spalling in concrete subject to fire
- Provide post crack ductility & ability to replace steel mesh
- Corrosion resistant unlike steel mesh
- Eco-friendly unlike steel mesh, substantially lower carbon footprint
- No manual handling & cutting of steel mesh, significantly reduce labour hours & increase concrete installation speed.