Enka-Tex nonwovens are a range of needle-punched and thermally bonded geotextiles that offer the highest levels of engineering performance and quality standards. It incorporates products with superior puncture resistance compared with other needle punched nonwoven products of comparable weight. The range is used in various applications including site access roads, hard standings, road and railways, drainage blankets, car parks, landfills and coastal engineering.
Enka-Tex N nonwoven geotextiles lend valuable qualities to numerous groundwork construction applications. In railtrack maintenance for example, Enka-Tex N minimises potential track failure which can be caused by pumping (ie the upward movement of fines from the underlying formation into the ballast).
The hydraulic properties of Enka-Tex N nonwovens stimulate the build-up of a natural soil filter in the adjoining soil to ensure long term filtration stability.
The superior products within the range offer a perfect balance between a reduced thermal treatment and needlepunching providing more elongation without compromising the strength. They are the perfect choice for the protection of impermeable membranes in landfill and reservoir construction, as well as for coastal protection from erosion below rock and concrete defences.
• Erosion control
• Capillary layer
• Site access roads
• French drains
• Car parks
• Industrial units
• Reservoir and coastal engineering
• Granular drainage blankets
• Green roofs
Features and benefits
• Thermal and mechanical bonding process ensures superior performance at lower weight
• Enables water flow normal to the plane which is usually several times greater than required by the design
• A range of consistent aperture sizes to accommodate different soils ranging from clay to coarse granular fill
• Excellent durability, mechanical robustness, and hydraulic properties even in extreme site conditions
• High elongation
• Resistance to acids and alkalis at ambient temperatures
• High biological resistance
• Significantly reduced carbon footprint compared to traditional methods
• Significant cost saving compared to traditional methods
Enka-Tex nonwovens are a range of polypropylene needle punched and thermally bonded nonwoven staple fibre geotextiles.
• Thermally and non thermally bonded nonwovens available
• CBR puncture strengths from 1 to 18 kN
• Available in weights of 100 to 1,300 g/m2
• Uniform tensile strenghts in all directions throughout the rolls up to 80 kN/m
• Standard widths 5.25 (black nonwovens) or 5.0 and 5.5 m (white nonwovens)
• Special types available with higher weights, tensile strengths or widths
Some special types of Enka-Tex N are available, such as a product up to 12 mm thick with excellent puncture and abrasion resistance, which is used as a thick cushioning layer in drainage and protection applications
Technical data sheets with full details are available. Contact us for more details.
Our Quality Management System has been approved to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standard. Certificates are available on request.